Monday, March 22, 2010

Eat Your Heart Out Carl Weathers

Everyone knows Arnold was the true hero in Predator (which is totally awesome). If you haven't seen Predator, stop reading this posting. Rambo wasn't shabby either, although the second one was even more awesome.

This is a piece I did for the last show at Voyeur which was a super fun show with great local artists and friends. Yes, I found a laserdisc (see also: "before dvd was created" in google search) for both the Predator and Rambo at a local record shop. It was destiny, I needed to create a piece that reflected the glory of these films (once again, on laserdisc). Although most people didn't get this one at the show (google images of standard clubbers at Voyeur to find out why), it is my favorite one to date....which probably shows just how serious my art career is considering it took me 30 minutes to make.

Don't fight the power, embrace it.

No comments: